Monday 9 September 2024

About breakeven

AKA a really dumb way to make more money
 
   
     
   
 
SEPTEMBER 9, 2024
   
Hey y’all,

Hope everyone had a great weekend and got to relax plenty. Hope you’re fired up to get started trading this week because it certainly looks like the markets are excited!

Over the weekend, we saw the return of NFL football’s regular season.

For many folks, they were excited to watch their favorite team finally take the field again. 

For me? I was excited for NFL RedZone.

Don’t worry, this isn’t another sports newsletter… well, not really…

But for those who are unfamiliar, NFL RedZone is a channel that broadcasts from 1pm ET every Sunday to roughly 8pm ET, and it does nothing… I mean nothing… other than bounce between the most active and exciting football games all around the league.

If you love football, but only kind of have a team (I’m trying to adopt the Jacksonville Jaguars now that I’ve moved here, but it’s taking time to fully commit), it’s a great way to get your fix.

If you play fantasy football, it’s the best way to keep up with all the biggest plays around the league.

And it’s also a great way to lose a lot of money on sports betting… 

It’s funny. When Chris Pulver, our new expert with Prosperity Pub, was in town last week, he, Nate Tucci, and I were all joking about sports betting.

We were talking about how every bettor claims “I have a system,” and when asked how they’re doing overall they’ll tell you, “I’m about breakeven.” 

But really, there is no systematic way to approach sports betting, and most folks are not breakeven.

And on Sunday, I felt that very viscerally as I lost 11 out of 12 bets I placed. Yikes.

Now, I’m not condoning sports betting by any means. I do it for fun and keep my bet sizes very small, it just adds a little something to watching the game.

And clearly, you can lose a lot of money doing it…

But if you’d talked to me on Friday night, I might have talked a little differently.

Because on Friday night, I hit one of the best bets of my life and turned five bucks into over $100!

 
 

On Friday, I felt like I was on top of the world, the richest man in the United States by far. 

Because hitting a sports bet is like a little dopamine hit. It’s a great feeling. And it instantly makes you forget the 90% of times you lose on your bets.

But that’s the truth: sports betting is a really dumb way to make $100. 

Your odds are extremely low, you lose a LOT before you win, and your opportunities to actually do it are extremely limited…

Fortunately, for those looking for a less incredibly dumb way to go about making $100, Chris has a real trading system designed to do just that.

And if you haven’t seen it yet, you should check out the $100 Challenge here.

Now, between Friday and my Sunday losses, I’m still way ahead. But that just means I’ve got more money to lose on Monday night football tonight.

Gambling is a vicious circle. Even if you’re just doing it for fun! 

Trading is a lot smarter. We’ve got strategies and systems with proven track records, and even though we can’t ever know the future, we’re not just picking and guessing blindly at things that might or might not happen.

Great traders ARE able to consistently build a track record of success.

And I’m fortunate to work with some of the very best here at ProsperityPub. 

Chris is among those, and I’m excited he’s part of the team.

Can’t wait for you to see the $100 Challenge.

To your Prosperity,

Stephen Ground
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment