Friday 16 August 2024

Nate was right (gross)

I hate saying it as much as you hate reading it
 
   
     
   
 
AUGUST 16, 2024
   
Editor’s Note: Gold gapped up HUGE today! Geof Smith has you covered on exactly how you should play it! Catch his briefing right here.

Hey y’all,

It’s Friday! We’re all tired and ready for the weekend.

So I’m gonna keep this one pretty short.

Especially because what I’m about to talk about is maybe the most unpleasant topic I can imagine: Nate Tucci being correct.

Now, unfortunately, Nate is right a lot of the time, much to my chagrin.

He’s one of our experts, he’s smart as a whip, and he’s a lot wiser (and older) than he looks, too.

But gosh, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth having to say “Nate was right…

I’m just kidding of course! I love Nate and all of our experts here, but Nate and I have a fun “love/hate” relationship, you know? 

He threatens to fire me, I make fun of him in a newsletter, then we go to TopGolf together and have a great weekend.

The truth is though, he really is smart as a whip. And he gave everyone here some advice on Monday that I really hope you’re listening to.

Because if I’d listened to it, I’d be a lot better off right now…

You might remember back in Monday’s issue, I talked to Nate about his advice after last week’s market chaos.

And he said these wise words: 

“A smart thing to do for options traders might be to just add a week or two to the exp/timeline of their trade to give themselves a little more durability in those scenarios.”

Well, I wish I’d listened…

Last week, I took a little earnings gamble on Disney (DIS).

It was a lottery ticket, a $250 wrap order to see if Disney spiked on earnings, expiration last Friday.

Well… it didn’t… to say the least.

 
 
Uh oh! Didn’t enjoy that.

After it stayed flat for the rest of the week, I was out $250.

Now, to be clear, I knew the risks when I took it. I took a low risk and chased an outsized reward, knowing that my odds weren’t amazing. And I lost.

Big deal, it happens. I’ll get the next one (maybe!) 

But still, I’d rather not have lost.

And if I’d followed Nate’s advice, and added another week to my trade, well…


 
 
I’d be a lot happier today with a trade probably about to expire as a winner.

Live and learn.

It pains me to say it, but Nate was right.

Don’t get too crazy in these markets. Give things time to play out, and the market could become your own magic kingdom.

Have a great weekend!

Stephen 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 tiny stocks about to soar (thanks to Elon)

You might be late to Tesla stock, but you're early to this Click here to unsubscr...