Monday 29 July 2024

Confessions of a control freak

I’m from the Lou and I’m proud, but this is a little ridiculous…
 
   
     
   
   

Hey y’all,

On Wednesday, I drove 13 hours (more like 15 with traffic) to see my family in St. Louis.

On Sunday (yesterday), I drove 13 hours (more like 14 hours… woohoo!) back to Jacksonville.

Every time I do one of these trips, I understandably get a lot of questions, like…

“Are you freaking crazy?!” 

“What are you thinking?!” 

“13 hours?! Why, why, why?!?!?” 


Well, it’s a pretty fair question, to be honest… after all, airplanes exist, right? So why drive?

It’s not just to see the Arch (although as a native-born St. Louisan I do love it…) 

 
 
I’ve thought about it a lot… and I think I know the answer (although it’s a little embarrassing to admit)...

I’m a control freak…

That’s the long and short of it.

I’ll drive 13 hours instead of flying six hours because I want to be in total control as much as possible. 

I’m not saying that’s healthy… or sensible… although I did get a little more support for my argument this week with all the insanity at the airports! 

 
 
(Ironically, I had a travel nightmare getting back from Germany, too. Was supposed to get back Tuesday night, didn’t make it until Thursday afternoon. And it was before Crowdstrike!) 

To me, the knowledge that I’ll avoid something like THAT is worth the tradeoff of the hours I’d save if I flew. 

And while that might not make sense to everybody, it does make sense to me. For some reason.

Being in control is a powerful feeling… 

And even if you don’t care about being in control when you travel, I’ll bet you’d love to feel in control when you trade.

Unfortunately, the markets are unpredictable. They’re actually downright crazy. There’s always a risk of loss and you’re never fully in control.

But over the last few months, I’ve felt more in control than I ever have before thanks to Nate’s “Magic” options hack…

All I have to do is take a few minutes to place the trade… targeting just a 1% move in the underlying stock…

And if everything works out, the trade will close automatically at a 50% return on the options.

And when I say “automatically,” I mean it. This thing has closed while I was:

 
In the car (surprise, surprise) 
In a work meeting
Watching soccer with friends
On my death bed with hand, foot, and mouth disease that I got from my niece (I don’t recommend it) 
On the Autobahn in Germany
Up in Pittsburgh with Nate

In fact, the only place I haven’t had one of these trades close is when I’m sitting down in front of my computer and watching my accounts.

I’ll be talking about the “Magic” options hack a lot this week, so make sure you join me here to catch the full story.

In control when you’re not even at the wheel… now that’s pretty nice.

Wonder if I can get that for my trips to St. Louis? 

Just checked. Uber won’t drive me that far. Bummer… 

But at least the next time I’m on a 13, 14, 15, or 16 hour road trip, I’ll know that my “magic” options hack trade could close without even needing to look! 

Hope you’re ready for a great week! 

Stephen Ground
Editor-in-Chief, ProsperityPub
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 tiny stocks about to soar (thanks to Elon)

You might be late to Tesla stock, but you're early to this Click here to unsubscr...